Carlos Tavares re-elected vice chair of ESMA
The board of supervisors of the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has re-elected Carlos Tavares as its vice chair.
Tavares (pictured), who is chairman of the Portuguese Comissão Do Mercado De Valores Mobiliários (CMVM), has completed an initial two and a half year term and will now serve a further term of two and a half years in the position.
The terms of three members of ESMA’s management board expired and elections were held by the board of supervisors to fill the positions for a term of two and a half years. Those elected are:
• Kostas Botopoulos Hellenic Capital Markets Commission (HCMC), Greece – new member;
• Klaus Kumpfmüller, Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA), Austria – new member; and
• Martin Wheatley, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), UK –re-elected for a second term.
The outgoing members were Karl-Burkhard Caspari from the Bundesanstalt für Finanzdienstleistungsaufsicht (BaFin) of Germany and Raul Malmstein of Estonia’s, Finantsinspektsioon.
The management board, chaired by Steven Maijoor, the ESMA chair, is responsible for ensuring that the Authority carries out its mission and performs the tasks assigned to it under the Regulation. The Management Board now consists of:
• Steven Maijoor, European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA);
• Kostas Botopoulos, Hellenic Capital Markets Commission (HCMC), Greece;
• Klaus Kumpfmüller, Finanzmarktaufsicht (FMA), Austria;
• Jean Guill, Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF), Luxembourg;
• Gérard Rameix, Autorité des Marchés Financiers (AMF), France;
• Julie Galbo, Finanstilsynet, Denmark; and
• Martin Wheatley, Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), UK.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- Partner events