Tarpon Trading launches on Horton Point platform.
Tarpon Trading a global macro foreign exchange manager, has launched its currency trading programme on the Horton Point incubation platform.
Tarpon is run by J Stephen Theall, a 20-year veteran of quant FX and global macro trading at such marquee firms as Tudor Investment Corp, Caxton Associates and Millennium Partners. Tarpon has a three-year track record and currently runs over USD50m in institutional managed accounts.
Horton Point is providing acceleration capital, investor relations and operational infrastructure to assist Tarpon with its strategic development.
“Tarpon is a very attractive candidate for our platform,” says Horton Point chief executive Dimitri Sogoloff. “As an emerging manager, the firm has been under the radar screen of many institutional investors. We are changing that.”
Tarpon specialises in intra-day trading of highly liquid spot currencies. The strategy has been developed by Theall over the period of 25 years and employs a price pattern recognition model to identify intra-day anomalies in the currency markets. It trades most liquid G-10 currencies.
“This is a very synergistic relationship which will allow me to concentrate fully on the investment process and research, and worry less about operational and other business issues,” says Theall. “Horton Point has a highly developed infrastructure which has been battle-tested since 2006, and the expertise of its management team is highly complementary to our alpha generation skills.”
As part of the relationship, Horton Point is launching a single manager fund, Tarpon Global Macro, under its master-feeder umbrella, and is including the strategy in its own multi-manager vehicle offering, the Soundview Emerging Managers Fund I.
Horton Point runs an emerging systematic manager incubation platform. It recently launched the Soundview Emerging Managers Fund to provide seed/acceleration capital for up to 20 external managers. Tarpon joins three other systematic firms currently on the platform. All managers specialise in short-term trading strategies in highly liquid markets.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location