Markus Stricker to head risk management team at Twelve Capital
Dr Markus Stricker has joined Twelve Capital, the specialist insurance investment manager, as a partner responsible for risk management.
Stricker will further drive the development of Twelve Capital’s proprietary analytical tools.
He studied mathematics at the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH) where he obtained his PhD. He also attended courses in risk and credit management in the Executive MBA Programme at Stanford Business School, as well as other numerous courses in risk management and finance.
Stricker’s experience in risk and capital management stems from previous positions at SwissRe, Aon ReSolution, as well as consulting experience for companies such as Towers Perrin Tillinghast in Zurich.
He has taught at the ETH in Zurich and at the University of Chicago. As a director of the Willis Economic Capital Forum, he built an applied research centre, whilst teaching at the Georgia State University, which houses the world’s largest risk management and insurance department.
Dr Urs Ramseier, chairman of the board of directors at Twelve Capital, says: “We are proud to engage as a partner a further international expert such as Dr Markus Stricker with such excellent credentials in his area. He possesses a deep and fundamental academic background, that will enhance various operational areas of the insurance business. We extend a warm welcome to our new partner.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location