CI Investments launches Lawrence Park Strategic Income Fund
CI Investments has launched the Lawrence Park Strategic Income Fund, expanding the firm’s selection of funds in the global fixed income category.
The portfolio manager is Lawrence Park Capital Partners.
The Lawrence Park Strategic Income Fund's mandate is to generate positive returns with low volatility through exposure to global corporate bond markets, and provide protection from rising interest rates. The fund manages a portfolio of primarily investment-grade corporate bonds, while using hedging tools to lower the interest rate duration of the portfolio and help to immunise the fund from interest rate moves.
The fund relies on Lawrence Park's expertise in security selection across corporate bond markets in Canada, the US and Europe and invests in securities that the team believes offer significant relative yield and an opportunity for capital appreciation.
Lawrence Park uses a relative value approach to generate alpha and identify securities that appear undervalued in the context of the global fixed-income market, and selects securities that it believes will outperform in the medium term.
"We are pleased to offer a CI mutual fund managed exclusively by Lawrence Park," says Derek J Green, CI president. "The team has over 70 years of combined experience in global fixed-income and credit investing and offers a unique approach to fixed income investing aimed at enhancing yield and reducing volatility. We believe that this new fund offers an alternative for investors looking for safety in a rising-rate environment, with the ability to participate in the upside of an improving global economy."
Lawrence Park currently manages a portion of the portfolio of CI's United Canadian Fixed Income Pool and is portfolio manager of the Lawrence Park Credit Strategies Fund, which is available to exempt or accredited investors only.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location