Barclay CTA Index down 1.11 per cent in June
Managed futures lost 1.11 per cent in June, according to the Barclay CTA Index compiled by BarclayHedge.
The index is now down 0.87 per cent year to date.
“A slowing of economic growth in China combined with concerns of Fed tapering led to trend reversals in equities, commodities, and interest rates in June,” says Sol Waksman, founder and president of BarclayHedge.
Seven of Barclay’s eight CTA indices had negative returns in June. The Diversified Traders Index lost 1.62 per cent, Systematic Traders gave up 1.22 per cent, and Financial & Metal Traders were down 1.10 per cent.
“Sixty two per cent of the CTAs that have reported a June return are in the loss column for the month,” says Waksman.
The Barclay BTOP50 Index, which measures performance of the largest CTAs, lost 1.53 per cent in June.
The only managed futures strategy with gains in June was the Currency Traders Index which rose 0.22 per cent.
At the end of the first two quarters in 2013, three CTA indices have positive returns, while five are in negative territory for the year. The Barclay Currency Traders Index is up 1.74 per cent after six months, and Financial & Metal Traders have gained 0.13 per cent. The BTOP50 Index has added 0.46 per cent year to date.
The Diversified Traders Index has lost 1.08 per cent through June, Discretionary Traders are down 0.49 per cent, Agricultural Traders have lost 0.32 per cent, and the Systematic Traders Index is down 0.24 per cent.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location