Cairn Capital places GBP263.2m Debussy DTC notes for Toys “R” Us
Cairn Capital has structured and placed GBP263.2m in commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) notes for Debussy DTC.
The deal is the first CMBS transaction in Europe not arranged by a bank. The notes, issued in exchange for Debussy warehouse notes, securitise a loan made to the Toys “R” Us Properties (UK) Ltd in March 2013 to facilitate the repayment of the Vanwall Finance CMBS notes.
“This benchmark placement was agreed directly between the investors and the borrower, enabling the creation of a bespoke capital markets financing arrangement tailored to suit the specific requirements of the borrower,” says Peter Hansell of Cairn Capital.
The transaction incorporates key features set out in the investor guidelines issued by a group of major European CMBS investors published by this group on March 2013.
Total debt of GBP263,159,000 was placed, comprising A Notes (GBP184,211,000), B Notes (GBP52,632,000) and C Notes (GBP26,316,000). The A Notes are rated A- by S&P and BBB (low) by DBRS. The A Notes bear a fixed coupon of 5.93 per cent; the B Notes bear a fixed coupon of 8.25 per cent; and the C Notes bear a fixed coupon of 10.5 per cent. The underlying loan has a seven-year maturity (to July 2020), with a five-year “tail” to legal maturity (July 2025). As part of the transaction, GBP19.3m in liquidity support has been placed in a reserve account.
Debussy DTC, a special purpose securitisation company, is incorporated in England. The notes are listed on the Irish Stock Exchange.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location