Linedata launches compliance managed service
Linedata has launched the Linedata Compliance Managed Service to address the complexity of global hedge fund regulations by incorporating rule monitoring across different geographies and jurisdictions.
Post-crisis, regulations cast a far wider net than traditionally highly regulated sectors, and as a consequence hedge funds have found they must confront the new wave of operational due-diligence and regulatory measures. Accurate and timely reporting as well as transparency have been propelled into the spotlight, not only by the regulator but also by investors, who are stepping up their due diligence when it comes to selection and redemption criteria.
In order to meet investors’ expectations hedge fund firms’ people, processes and technology often require realignment, placing a heavy burden on in-house resources, and the resultant complexity and cost involved has led many hedge funds to outsource their compliance requirements.
Linedata Compliance Managed Service offers hedge funds a low-risk opportunity to acquire business intelligence, whilst avoiding the resource commitment traditionally associated with in-house software and compliance expertise. Clients can outsource their compliance and still take control of multiple rule sets, for example, Takeover Panel rules, UCITS IV and Short Selling Disclosure rules.
“Innovation and turning challenges into opportunities for our clients remain at the forefront of Linedata’s development. Many of the world’s leading institutions already entrust their compliance needs to Linedata. In creating Linedata’s new Compliance Managed Service, we have responded to client’s input and created a fully managed dynamic monitoring service that gives high-level easy access to hedge fund regulatory expertise. It complements our existing hedge fund platform Linedata Global Hedge, and we continue to develop the number of regulatory rules included in the service; currently we monitor and support over 70 jurisdictions globally,” says Gary Brackenridge (pictured), global head of the hedge funds business line at Linedata.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location