EDHEC-Risk plans inaugural Days North America conference in New York
The inaugural EDHEC-Risk Days North America conference will take place at The Crowne Plaza in New York on 8-9 October 2013.
Debates on the governance and transparency of indices and smart beta investment will be high on the agenda.
On day one of the conference a roundtable involving leading industry representatives and regulators will address the governance and transparency of indices:
• Understanding regulation: the accuracy of track records; the transparency and governance of indices
• What level of transparency and accuracy do investors expect? Presentation of a study carried out by EDHEC-Risk Institute
• What is needed, in terms of regulation, to improve the quality of indices?
The conference will also feature the latest EDHEC-Risk Institute research on a range of topics that are currently relevant for the financial industry. On the first day, the Indexation and Passive Investment Conference will focus on exploring indexing and risk diversification, portfolio construction and risk management and smart beta investment. The conference will also be the occasion to evaluate the use of passive investment vehicles and their impact on the market. Results of exclusive indexing surveys will compare the latest usage of indices and investor perceptions.
On the second day, the Global Institutional Investment Conference will present the results of EDHEC-Risk research on themes of great interest to institutional investors, including the convergence between long-only investment and hedge funds, reconciling long-term optimal investing strategies with short-term funding risk constraints, new research on infrastructure investing and liability-hedging portfolios.
The conference will include the participation of global event partners ERI Scientific Beta, Lyxor Asset Management and Parametric; gold sponsors Markov Processes International and Russell Indexes; exhibitors CACEIS, Invesco Powershares, Stoxx, Vanguard and Van Eck Global; and associate sponsor Societe Generale CIB.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location