SGX derivatives volumes continue to grow in August
Derivatives volumes at Singapore Exchange (SGX) increased in August compared with the previous year, with total futures and options volume up 32 per cent to 8.6 million contracts.
Year-on-year, China A50 Index Futures volume more than doubled to 1.8 million contracts and MSCI Taiwan Index Futures trading was up 13 per cent to 1.6 million contracts.
Nifty Index Futures volume was up 34 per cent to 1.6 million contracts and reached a record daily average volume of 80,119 contracts.
Nikkei 225 Index Futures volume was up six per cent from a year earlier to 2.2 million contracts.
MSCI Indonesia Index Futures volume increased nearly nine times to a record 46,707 contracts and achieved a record daily average volume of 2,747 contracts.
Total securities turnover was SGD27.3bn, down eight per cent year on year. However securities daily average value (SDAV) was down four per cent to SGD1.4bn due to one less trading day in August 2013 compared to a year earlier.
Catalist turnover increased nearly five times year-on-year to SGD1.4bn.
Funds raised from bond listings decreased 52 per cent year-on-year to SGD5.5bn. The biggest bond listed was a USGD1bn bond issue by Baidu.
Month-end open interest was up 45 per cent year-on-year to 3.5 million contracts.
SICOM rubber futures volume was 29,261 contracts, up 46 per cent from a year earlier.
A total SGD6.5bn notional of new OTC financial derivatives transactions were cleared, down 19 per cent from a year earlier.
Volume of OTC commodities cleared increased 29 per cent year-on-year to 49,667 contracts.
Volume of iron ore swaps cleared increased 53 per cent year-on-year to 45,610 contracts.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location