Carey Olsen appoints head of litigation in the Cayman Islands
Carey Olsen has appointed Michael Makridakis as partner and head of litigation in the firm’s Cayman Islands office.
Makridakis will assume responsibility for developing the firm’s litigation practice in the jurisdiction and specialises in insolvency, restructuring and commercial litigation with an emphasis on litigation involving distressed funds.
Makridakis’ appointment brings the partner numbers for Carey Olsen in the Cayman Islands to five with five associates.
Makridakis says: “Carey Olsen prides itself on providing the highest level of legal advice to clients and, as a result, the firm enjoys an outstanding reputation for offshore legal services globally. I look forward to developing our litigation capability even further.”
He moved to the Cayman Islands in 2007 and since then has worked for two other leading offshore law firms in the jurisdiction. Before moving to the Cayman Islands he worked for Clayton Utz and Mallesons Stephen Jaques (now King & Wood Mallesons) in Australia.
John Kelleher, Carey Olsen chairman, says: "Our Cayman Islands office opened towards the end of last year with a strong corporate and investment funds offering which was quickly extended to include trust advice through the appointment of Graham Stoute. Michael Makrdakis will spearhead the launch of our Cayman dispute resolution and litigation services which we are confident will be well received by our clients and he will be a valuable member of our wider litigation and dispute resolution group. "
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location