SYZ Asset Management hires Ian Penrose as distribution director for the UK
SYZ Asset Management, the institutional asset management arm of the Swiss banking Group SYZ & Co, has appointed Ian Penrose as distribution director for the UK.
Penrose, who will be responsible for promoting SYZ Asset Management’s (SYZ AM) capabilities, including the SYZ AM and Oyster funds, joins from Barclays Capital Funds & Advisory, where he was responsible for leading fund distribution to UK professional clients.
Penrose will be in charge of promoting the full range of SYZ Asset Management’s capabilities to the UK domestic market, including segregated mandates as well as the SYZ AM and OYSTER funds. With this hire, SYZ Asset Management further strengthens its presence in the UK market, where the company has already been present for over 12 years and has promoted its alternative, absolute return and European equities strategies.
Before joining SYZ Asset Management, Penrose was vice president of global distribution at Barclays Capital Funds & Advisory for three years, where he was responsible for leading distribution of their range of UCITS III funds to the full spectrum of UK fund buyers, including funds of funds, discretionary wealth managers, advisory IFAs, networks, nationals, life insurers and platforms. Prior to that, he worked for five years at Gartmore Investment Management as account director and sales manager.
"I am delighted to be joining such a successful and respected asset management company and look forward to further introducing the UK investment community to the SYZ & Co alpha generating capabilities. The breadth of high performing strategies, available as funds and mandates, will allow us to assist a wide range of clients to achieve, and possibly even surpass, their investment goals,” says Penrose.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location