Brown Rudnick appoints Bibby as partner in London office
Law firm Brown Rudnick has appointed Peter Bibby as a partner in the London office.
Bibby was head of enforcement at the Financial Services Authority from 1998 to 2002.
Bibby joins the firm’s rapidly expanding international white collar and investigations practice, which has doubled in size in the last 12 months following several senior appointments. Bibby will work alongside a team of 17 focusing on financial services criminal and regulatory investigations.
Mark Beardsworth, co-head of Brown Rudnick’s international white collar crime and investigations group, says: “Peter’s appointment is yet another decisive step forward in the continuing expansion of our white collar practice. With Peter on board and working with our partners in the US, we are even better placed to offer clients a range of expertise in financial services regulatory and criminal enforcement both in the UK and internationally.
“The ability to offer such breadth of expertise in one team, in one location, is a real bonus for our clients. Peter is one of the most talented practitioners in the field and we are thrilled to welcome him to the team.”
With over 20 years’ experience in financial regulatory law, Bibby joins Brown Rudnick from Bingham McCutchen, where he spent seven years working as a partner in the firm’s London office. There, he was responsible for developing and leading the firm’s financial regulatory practice.
Prior to this, Bibby led numerous high profile enforcement cases in his role as head of enforcement at the Financial Services Authority where he was responsible for deciding on which cases to investigate, as well as the strategy to adopt. Bibby has also held senior roles at DLA Piper and began his career at Simmons & Simmons, where he qualified as a solicitor in 1989.
Bibby says: “I am extremely pleased to be joining Brown Rudnick, particularly at such an exciting time for the white collar team. I look forward to working closely with the group as we continue to expand the offering here and overseas."
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location