DeAWM appoints head of smart beta
Deutsche Asset and Wealth Management (DeAWM) is expanding its expertise in the management of passive investment products with appointment of Martin Weithofer as head of smart beta.
Weithofer will be based in Frankfurt and will report to Reinhard Bellet, head of passive asset management worldwide. His main role will be the expansion and development of DeAWM’s smart beta offering.
Bellet says: "The development of passive smart beta solutions and products is a natural evolution of the passive asset management business, and it is an area that is certainly attracting the attention of investors. We want to be at the forefront of this development. Martin Weithofer will provide expertise in product development and sales growth in this area."
Weithofer joins DeAWM from Assenagon Asset Management SA, where he served as managing director of Assenagon Client Service GmbH and Assenagon GmbH, with responsibility for managing distribution of investment management and risk management services, and distribution of enhanced beta investment products.
Prior to that, Weithofer held various positions at HVB/Unicredit Bank in Munich over a ten-year period, including roles in structured retail product sales (certificates and structured bonds) in Germany and Austria, in product development of certificates and bonds, and in product development of structured funds, latterly as Head of Structured Investment Solutions.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location