Palmer Square Capital Management closes second CLO fund in 2013
Palmer Square Capital Management, a provider of structured credit, corporate credit and hedge fund strategies, has closed on its second collateralised loan obligation (CLO) in the last six months.
Palmer Square CLO 2013-2, which closed on 17 September, is a USD464m issuance. On 15 April, Palmer Square closed CLO 2013-1 at USD362m. Both transactions were arranged by JPMorgan Chase. Both vehicles are designed to invest primarily in institutional senior secured bank loans.
Christopher D Long, president of Palmer Square Capital Management, says: "We always believed that the CLO space was a natural extension of our investment platform given our team's experience and competitive advantage in structure and credit. Leveraging these two successful offerings, we will continue to enhance our CLO platform and execute on investment opportunities across corporate and structured credit, long/short credit and other alternative strategies."
Angie K Long, chief investment officer of Palmer Square, says: "CLOs are a very efficient way for investors to access senior secured bank loans. Given the unique combination of significant floating rate yields and low credit risk, CLOs are attractive and we believe we are well-positioned as more investors continue to enter the space."
Palmer Square is a boutique credit and alternative investments manager with approximately USD2.8bn in assets under management. The firm is majority-owned by Montage Investments, which is the asset management arm of Kansas-based Mariner Holdings, a USD24bn financial services firm.
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location