Aquis Exchange names CCP partners
Aquis Exchange, the proposed pan-European equities trading exchange, has entered into agreements with EMCF, LCH.Clearnet and SIX x-clear for them to provide it with central counterparty (CCP) services.
Aquis Exchange is set to introduce subscription pricing for European stock trading when it launches. It is currently awaiting approval from the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority.
These CCP agreements mean that Aquis Exchange will be able to offer its members high quality counterparty risk protection, settlement netting facilities and post-trade anonymity.
EMCF, LCH.Clearnet and SIX x-clear together account for the majority of the current European equities clearing market.
All these agreements are subject to regulatory approval.
Aquis Exchange chief executive Alasdair Haynes (pictured) says: “We are strong advocates of the horizontal model and open access. It has always been our plan for Aquis Exchange to link to a number of CCPs so members have choice of where to clear. These agreements mean that we will be able to offer them that choice, and interoperability, from the very beginning, which is great news.”
Jan Booij, chief executive of EMCF, says: “We are delighted to be appointed as a clearer for Aquis Exchange. As the first pan-European CCP, we initiated safe and efficient European clearing and we are delighted to extend this further with Aquis Exchange.”
Alberto Pravettoni, CEO, repo and exchanges businesses at LCH.Clearnet, says: “We are delighted to have been selected by Aquis Exchange to provide clearing services. This development underscores our ability to respond quickly to market needs and our commitment to an open, horizontal clearing model. We look forward to working with Aquis to help ensure that participants can benefit from the protection of centralised risk management and our wealth of clearing expertise.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location