Daniel Strachman joins Athena in New York
Athena International Management, an independent directorship services provider in the Cayman Islands, has expanded its team and its geographic reach to include New York.
Daniel Strachman, a financial services expert with more than 17 years of Wall Street experience, has joined Athena to provide corporate governance services to the alternative investment fund industry.
Throughout his extensive career in financial services, Strachman has worked with both traditional and alternative investment funds in product development, marketing, institutional brokerage and investment management at firms including Cantor Fitzgerald & Company, Morgan Stanley & Company and The Orbitex Group of Funds.
“Athena has a strong reputation in the industry for offering responsive and knowledgeable corporate governance to a variety of funds with diverse strategies. It is a company with an eight year history and a solid foundation. I am pleased to be joining a firm of this calibre and am looking forward to sharing my extensive experience with Athena’s exclusive client base,” says Strachman.
Strachman will be based in New York, a key market for Athena’s independent directorship and corporate services offering.
Managing director Allison Nolan says: “Daniel’s breadth and depth of experience and his solid reputation in the industry make him an ideal fit for Athena and for further strengthening our relationships in New York. Daniel’s appointment takes Athena to a new level and we are delighted to have him aboard.”
Strachman has authored nine books on the alternative industry, which have been translated into Japanese, Chinese and Korean, and his articles have appeared in The Financial Times, The Boston Globe, Interview Magazine, The New York Post and American Banker. He has appeared on CNBC, Bloomberg and National Public Radio and he is the co-founder of the educational web-portal www.hedgeanswers.com. Strachman is an adjunct professor at Rutgers University Business School and was formerly an adjunct professor at New York University’s School of Continuing Education.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location