City Financial launches Asian macro fund to be managed by Geoffrey Barker
City Financial Investment Company Limited is to launch an Asian macro fund scheduled for the first quarter of 2014, which will be managed by Geoffrey Barker.
The launch is a joint venture with City Financial Investment Company (Hong Kong) Limited from its offices at 8 Queen’s Road Central in Hong Kong.
Geoffrey was previously Director of Ballingal Investment Advisors (BIA) for more than seven years, where he set up and ran the firm’s BIA Pacific Macro Fund. During this period the BIA Pacific Macro Fund had an average annualised return of approximately 14.1% gross, 10.4% net (versus the MSCI World Index USD of 1.2% over the same period). This performance won Geoffrey and his team awards from both Eurekahedge and Asian Investor including Best Asia Based Global Macro Fund.
Andrew Williams, Chief Executive, City Financial, says: “Geoffrey is one of the most respected managers in Hong Kong, with a strong track record. City Financial has long since recognised the potential of hedge fund managers based in Hong Kong and I look forward to working closely with Geoffrey to establish a strong presence for the group in this region.”
Barker says: "I am looking forward to being part of the City Financial team who share my investment values. With the help of my colleagues, I will do my best to protect investors' money while capitalising on the opportunities that this diverse region offers."
City Financial has been active in Asia since 2010 from which time it has managed assets on behalf of UK institutional investors.
City Financial Investment Company (Hong Kong) Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of City Financial Investment Company Limited.
The joint venture forms part of City Financial’s strategy to attract fund managers who are enabled and empowered to exploit opportunities in the capital markets, in order to capture real returns that both protect and grow investors’ wealth.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location