OVS appoints Sharma, promotes Blanco
Equity-focused, event-driven investment manager OVS Capital Management has added Nitin Sharma to its investment team and promoted Manuel Blanco to partner.
Sharma joins OVS as an analyst, having previously worked as an equity analyst at Centaurus Capital, Brevan Howard and Ivaldi Capital. In these roles he focused on bottom-up fundamental stock analysis and equity and event driven situations.
Prior to this he worked at UBS as an analyst in the corporate finance team and from 2004 to 2007 at McKinsey & Company also in the corporate finance team.
Blanco who joined OVS as an analyst in March 2012, previously worked as a senior equity analyst at Trafalgar Asset Managers, the multi-billion dollar event driven fund where his responsibilities included idea generation, analysis and trade construction across a range of hard and soft catalyst trades.
Prior to his time at Trafalgar, Blanco worked in Citigroup’s UK based investment banking team in the Financial Sponsors Group working on multiple private and public transactions. Blanco is a qualified lawyer having previously worked as a senior associate at Ashurst focusing on a number of private equity transactions and at Freshfields in the M&A department.
Sam Morland, OVS’s founder and chief investment officer, says: “We are delighted to have Nitin join the investment team and see his fundamental valuation skill set and event driven equity experience an excellent fit with OVS’s investment philosophy. Manuel’s promotion to the partnership recognises his significant contribution to the firm in the past 18 months.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location