Apex becomes first independent administrator to open office in Japan
Apex Fund Services has become the first independent fund administrator to enter the Japanese market following the opening of its Tokyo office.
Via its Global Presence, Local Reach strategy and 34 international offices, Apex now will roll out and make available its entire range of fund administration services to fund managers located in Japan.
In addition to Japanese fund managers, Apex will also open up Japanese investment opportunities to overseas managers and investors who will be able to leverage Apex’s infrastructure to access the local market.
The Apex Japan office will be run by Hideki Hashiguchi. Prior to joining Apex, Hashiguchi worked with HSBC, Credit Suisse and BNYM in Japan as the representative director and head of business development of alternative fund services.
Hashiguchi has played a key role in the development of the fund industry in Japan having been appointed as chairman of AIMA Japan between 2007 until 2009.
Peter Hughes, group managing director of Apex, says: "Recent changes in the political environment have led to looser financial monetary policy which in turn has attracted the attention of the global investment community. Japan is a jurisdiction where cultural understanding and long-term business relationships are essential and Apex’s latest office reflects our commitment to this new market.
“Apex has a track record of regularly being the first independent fund administrator to locate in financial centres that haven’t historically been serviced locally. Japanese fund managers have been relatively overlooked over the last 20 years by international fund servicing organisations and ‘Abenomics’ have firmly put them back on the industry’s radar.”
Hashiguchi says: “This is an ideal time for Apex to set up an office in Japan. We believe that Apex’s value added services will be recognised and well received by the fund management industry in Japan. Apex’s presence and ongoing contribution to the Japanese funds industry will be a new dynamic to our global presence.”
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location