Fidelity launches alternative investments platform
Fidelity Institutional has launched a new solution for accessing alternative investments.
Fidelity’s platform will provide research, education and third-party due diligence, as well as access to a wide range of alternative investment products for all Fidelity Institutional clients.
Financial advisors and family office professionals will now have access to a variety of alternative investment products, including hedge funds, private equity funds and ’40 Act mutual funds.
Fidelity’s platform will also provide access to research and third-party due diligence reports through strategic alliances with leaders in the space – including CAIS, Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM) and Morningstar.
In addition, through Fidelity’s Alternative Investments Network, financial advisors and family office professionals will have access to a list of alternative investment funds from third-party sponsors with reduced custody fees.
“This platform was built on insights from our clients regarding the challenges they face incorporating alternative investments into their clients’ portfolios,” says Mark Haggerty, head of Fidelity Institutional’s product group. “Delivering access to leading products was a priority, but we also invested in providing institutional-quality third-party due diligence, insights and education and a simplified and consistent pricing structure. These features will be critically important to helping our clients effectively leverage this investment strategy.”
In addition to the insights and education provided on the platform, Fidelity will conduct several in-depth, in-person Alternative Investment Forums to keep clients up to date on the changing landscape of alternative investments. Fidelity’s strategic alliances with CAIS, GSAM, and Morningstar will also provide financial advisors and family office professionals with research and education on alternative investments:
• CAIS will provide access to a centralised and diverse menu of leading hedge funds at reduced minimums, independent third-party due diligence and monitoring provided by Mercer, portfolio construction tools and an automated electronic subscription process.
• GSAM’s Alternative Investments & Manager Selection (AIMS) group will provide access to portfolios of leading external hedge fund and private equity managers across various alternative investment strategies, using its rigorous process of selecting managers, constructing portfolios and managing risk. Additionally, GSAM will offer alternative investment thought leadership through the platform.
• Fidelity’s platform will offer an advisor education centre powered by Morningstar and provide analyst insights on how and when advisors and their clients might want to use alternatives in their portfolios, comprehensive market research to help assess alternative asset categories and information on market trends. Morningstar Associates, a registered investment advisor and wholly owned subsidiary of Morningstar, will provide a select list of alternative mutual funds to advisors.
Fidelity will continue to offer comprehensive services for financial advisors and family office professionals using the platform, including aggregated reporting, custody, trading, clearing and execution. In addition to a continued investment in the DTCC AIP platform, Fidelity plans to offer seamless integrations into the WealthCentral and Streetscape platforms with CAIS, GSAM and Morningstar.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location