CBOE to introduce mini-SPX options with PM settlement on 5 November
Chicago Board Options Exchange is to list a Mini-SPX Index option (XSP) contract with a new PM-settlement feature beginning on 5 November.
CBOE's Mini-SPX Index options are one-tenth the value of the S&P 500 Index options (SPX), which are based on the premier benchmark of the broader US market.
The PM-settlement is preferred by many investors, including institutions that have end-of-day reporting requirements. PM-settlement, also used for single-stock and ETF options, allows investors to trade in and out of positions easily on settlement day.
Unlike Standard & Poor's Depositary Receipt (SPY) options and other ETF options, Mini-SPX Index options will be cash-settled and feature European-style exercise. European exercise eliminates the risk of early assignment, with potential loss of dividends.
Potential users of XSP include institutions and individuals seeking to gain exposure to the broad US stock market with a manageably sized contract, while gaining the flexibility of a PM-settlement, the ease of cash settlement and the certainty of European exercise.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch will serve as the designated primary market maker (DPM) for XSP options.
CBOE's current AM-settled Mini-SPX contract will be phased out beginning with the launch of the new PM-settled Mini-SPX contract.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location