SGX derivatives trading and clearing volumes grow
Derivatives trading and clearing activities on the Singapore Exchange (SGX) grew in October from a year earlier while securities trading declined.
Record-high open interest was achieved in the derivatives market during the month.
The value of securities traded fell six per cent year-on-year to USD24.7bn, while the daily average value of securities traded declined six per cent to USD1.1bn.
A total of 48 bonds raising USD16.5bn were listed. The biggest debt listed was Origin Energy Finance’s EUR800m bond.
Derivatives volume rose 20 per cent year-on-year to 8.5 million contracts.
Open interest at end-October rose 62 per cent from a year earlier to 3.7 million contracts. Record-high open interest of 3.8 million contracts was achieved on 29 October 2013.
China A50 futures volume rose 65 per cent to 1.7 million contracts, MSCI Taiwan futures trading grew nine per cent to 1.5 million contracts while Nikkei 225 futures activity increased 11 per cent to 2.4 million contracts. The MSCI Indonesia futures volume tripled to 29,717 contracts.
The value of OTC interest rate swaps cleared fell 51 per cent to USD4.3bn.
The volume of OTC commodity swaps cleared increased nine per cent year-on-year to 38,851 contracts; the volume of AsiaClear OTC iron ore swaps cleared rose 35 per cent to 36,470 contracts.
The volume of the recently-launched AsiaClear futures stood at 26,328 contracts in October, 10 times the volume in September. AsiaClear iron ore futures volume was 25,158 contracts, 14 times the volume a month earlier.
SICOM rubber futures volume slid three per cent from a year earlier to 26,045 contracts.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location