Carne adds Laren Gillespie to Cayman Islands fund director team
Carne has appointed Laren Gillespie to its team of Cayman Islands independent fund directors.
Gillespie previously worked at Intertrust Fund Services in the Cayman Islands, where he provided independent fund directorship services to hedge funds, private equity funds and investment management structures.
Prior to joining Walkers Fund Services in the Cayman Islands (which was acquired by the Intertrust Group in July 2012) Gillespie worked with a private family office and an international financial services firm based in the Cayman Islands where he implemented risk monitoring programmes and was also a member of the investment committee.
Prior to moving to the Cayman Islands in 1998, he worked in the UK for Ernst & Young in Edinburgh and for Arthur Andersen, specialising in international taxation.
John Donohoe, chief executive of Carne, says: "Laren is recognised as a leading independent director in the Cayman Islands, assisting many of the world’s largest and most respected global asset managers in the operation of their funds. We are very pleased to be welcoming Laren to our Cayman and Global team of independent fund directors. His director experience coupled with his background in risk, investments and global taxation will be of immense value to our fund clients."
Gillespie says: "I moved to Carne because they have developed the best fund and most involved governance model for the investment funds industry. This is based on a partnership approach between the fund’s board, the manager and investors which leads to the correct and best outcomes for both investors and managers. Their focused and low volume approach will allow me to devote the appropriate time and attention to the individual needs of my clients."
Gillespie’s appointment follows those of Scott Craven Jones to Carne’s US team earlier this month, and the addition of Vanessa Barrett to the Cayman Islands office in August. Carne now has six independent fund directors in the Cayman Islands and 25 globally.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location