ICE Trade Vault Europe approved by ESMA as trade repository
The European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has approved ICE Trade Vault Europe as a trade repository for the reporting of swaps and futures trade data to meet requirements of the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
ICE Trade Vault Europe was approved to collect trade data in the commodities, credit, interest rate and equity derivatives asset classes, and joins ICE Trade Vault US as well as planned ICE repository services in Asia and Australia.
Unique to EMIR, European trade data reporting also will encompass exchange-traded derivatives (ETDs).
“We appreciate ESMA’s detailed and comprehensive application process for trade repository applicants and we are pleased to launch this new and essential element of European market infrastructure,” says David Peniket, managing director of ICE Trade Vault Europe. “Thanks to ICE's sophisticated technology and connectivity to execution venues and clearing houses, customers will find an accommodating and seamless service to meet the new reporting requirements under EMIR."
In June 2012, ICE Trade Vault US became the first swap data repository (SDR) in the US to receive provisional regulatory approval from the Commodity Futures Trading Commission. Since its inception, ICE Trade Vault US has accepted over 17 million trades.
”Since the development of ICE Trade Vault, our goal is to offer a global trade repository solution and the approval by ESMA advances that vision,” says Bruce Tupper, president of ICE Trade Vault. “We look forward to serving customers with an efficient and effective offering that satisfies their global regulatory and compliance demands."
ICE Trade Vault Europe uses ICE’s repository technology for market participants to submit data and will connect to a range of institutions, including clearing houses, multilateral trading facilities (MTFs) and organised trading facilities (OTFs).
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location