Clearstream extends ICSD settlement day
Clearstream, the post-trade services provider of Deutsche Börse Group, is extending the settlement day of its international central securities depository (ICSD).
This results in improved cash and securities deadlines for internal settlement activity as well as for domestic settlement with local counterparties in the US, Canada and Latin American markets such as Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Uruguay and Peru.
It will also facilitate the free flow of collateral within the extended deadlines.
From April 2014 it will be possible to settle internal and domestic US transactions via Clearstream until 20:00 CET (14:00 EST), an extension of two hours compared to the current cut-off time of 18:00 CET (12:00 EST). The US Dollar cash deadline will also be extended to 20:00 CET (14:00 EST), allowing cash management closer to local market deadlines.
In 2015, the deadlines will be pushed back by another 1.5 hours, extending settlement to 21:30 CET (15:30 EST).
Clearstream aims to offer settlement throughout the entire US business day in 2016.
As it progresses towards its goal to achieve full coverage of the US business day, Clearstream will also offer improved cash and securities settlement deadlines on all its North and Latin American links.
Jeffrey Tessler, chief executive officer of Clearstream, says: “This extension of both internal ICSD settlement times and securities and cash deadlines offer significant new flexibility for our customers and the markets we serve. They represent a first step in a planned series of reviews into the American operating day that will ultimately, by 2016, cover the full business day EST. From a collateral management perspective, it greatly enhances our customers access to the highly liquid US market as well as the AAA-rated Canadian market through our Global Liquidity Hub.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location