Global derivatives trading volume down 7.6 per cent
NYSE Euronext global derivatives average daily trading volume (ADV) in December 2013 was 5.9 million contracts, down 7.6 per cent from December 2012 and down 10.8 per cent from November 2013.
NYSE Euronext European derivatives products ADV in December 2013 of 2.4 million contracts, excluding Bclear, increased 1.5 per cent compared to December 2012 but decreased 13.3 per cent from November 2013 levels.
Including Bclear, NYSE Liffe’s trade administration and clearing service for OTC products, European derivatives ADV decreased 11.3 per cent compared to December 2012, and decreased 3.9 per cent from November 2013. Total MSCI World Index yearly volumes were up 31 per cent to 337,000 lots, with open interest of over 110,000 lots, up 245 per cent from December 2012.
NYSE Euronext US equity options (NYSE Arca and NYSE Amex Options) ADV of 3.4 million contracts in December 2013 decreased 13.2 per cent compared to December 2012 levels and decreased 9.9 per cent from November 2013 levels. NYSE Euronext’s US options exchanges accounted for 24.5 per cent of total US consolidated equity options trading in December 2013, down from 27.2 per cent in December 2012, and down from 26.0 per cent in November 2013.
NYSE Liffe US ADV of approximately 65,300 contracts decreased from 72,600 contracts in December 2012 but increased from 32,300 contracts in November 2013.
NYSE Euronext European cash products ADV of 1.2 million transactions in December 2013 increased 13.6 per cent compared to December 2012, but decreased 9.3 per cent compared to November 2013.
NYSE Euronext US cash products (NYSE, NYSE Arca and NYSE MKT) handled ADV of 1.4 billion shares in December 2013 decreased 8.7 per cent compared to December 2012 but increased 0.9 per cent compared to November 2013. NYSE Euronext’s Tape A matched market share in December 2013 was 31.0 per cent, down from 31.9 per cent in December 2012, but up from 29.5 per cent in November 2013.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location