Argos Investment Managers to expand in the UK
Argos Investment Managers, a boutique investment firm which manages specialist high conviction investment strategies including the European microcap fund Argonaut, is expanding its operations in the UK.
Argonaut is co-managed by two British European micro-cap specialists Philip Best and Marc St John Webb.
Best, who started his career at Warburg’s, leads a team of 14 experienced investment professionals operating out of Geneva. It also partners with external specialist managers such as Aubrey Capital Management of Edinburgh.
Argos was originally founded in 2005 by Best and Swedish portfolio manager Cristofer Gelli. Three years ago, they were joined by another veteran of the London market Jean Keller who spent over 20 years in the UK, New York and Hong Kong at Baring Asset Management and the Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch (LODH) Group.
Since Keller’s arrival and the end of the financial crisis, Argos has renewed its growth with AuM has tripling since 2009 and several new products have been launched.
Initially Argos was mostly focused on the institutional market in Switzerland but now it is seeking to expand its operations primarily in France, Luxembourg and the UK.
Keller says: “Our base in Geneva is at the heart of Europe. That provides us with a different outlook on the world when investing in European equities. That said, London remains the centre of the investment management world and so having a strong presence in both centres is an important part of our future strategy. Our view is that a two centre approach will offer us a competitive advantage – the best of both worlds.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location