K&L Gates hire HK investment management partner
The Hong Kong office of global law firm K&L Gates has added Greg Heaton as a partner in its investment management practice.
With a focus on investment management and financial services regulation, Heaton advises investment managers as well as institutional trustees, custodians, and fund administrators on a broad range of fund formation, licensing, regulatory compliance, and securities law issues.
He previously worked in the Hong Kong office of the law firm Deacons; with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission, where he drafted legislative amendments and a code of conduct for the licensing of credit rating agencies; and at the Australian Securities and Investments Commission.
“Greg has exceptional experience in an industry fraught with complex regulatory issues and in a regional market where institutional investment funds are seeking access,” says K&L Gates’ managing partner for Asia, David Tang. “Connecting with our leading global investment management practice, Greg is a welcome addition to the team in Hong Kong.”
K&L Gates is the largest fully integrated US-based law firm in the Asia Pacific region, serving clients through 11 offices and 400 lawyers across Asia and Australia.
Heaton is the fourth new partner to join K&L Gates’ Asia offices in 2014, with the firm also having added partners Takahiro Hoshino (commercial disputes) and Takahiro Tsumagari (real estate investment, development, and finance) in Tokyo as well as Singapore/Shanghai partner Siew Kam Boon (M&A and private equity) in recent weeks.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location