FIX Trading Community publishes initial guidelines of TCA best practices for equities
FIX Trading Community, the electronic trading standards body, has published recommended guidelines for transaction cost analysis (TCA) in equities.
The recommended guidelines for TCA in equities is the result of work by the FIX TCA Working Group to address the challenges currently faced by market participants to determine the cost of trading at any or all points in the investment cycle.
There are multiple methodologies and terminologies in current practice, which can result in a lack of transparency and objectivity while producing contradictory results.
To address these concerns, the TCA Working Group polled the members to determine the specific problems. Two of the most important items identified were the need to create a glossary of industry acceptable TCA terminology and to define a standardised set of best practices to allow for a more consistent evaluation of transaction costs. The approach has been to focus on core concepts as broadly as possible while targeting a mainstream audience.
The benefits of this initiative will span the buy-side, sell-side and vendor communities. The initial scope of the project has focused on equities, given that TCA has dominated this asset class for a number of years. However, the benefits will eventually be expanded to cover futures and options, foreign exchange and fixed income sectors.
Michael Napper, director and head of global client analytics technology at Credit Suisse, says: “While the initial focus has been the glossary of terms, we have also provided TCA perspectives based on market structure and industry segment. Additionally, we have also taken the approach to recommend best practices where feasible while recognising some issues may never easily be standardised. Going forward, we will investigate the possibility of enhancing the FIX specification to facilitate the TCA data collection process.”
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- By Location
- Asian Hedge Funds
- BVI Hedge Fund Services
- Bermuda Hedge Fund Services
- Canada Hedge Fund Services
- Cayman Hedge Fund Services
- Channel Islands Stock Exchange
- Future of offshore funds
- Gibraltar Hedge Fund Services
- Guernsey Hedge Fund Services
- Hedge Funds in Germany
- Hong Kong Hedge Fund Services
- Ireland Hedge Fund Services
- Isle of Man Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Hedge Fund Services
- Jersey Private Equity Services
- Latin American Hedge Funds
- London Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Hedge Fund Services
- Luxembourg Private Equity Services
- Malta Hedge Fund Services
- Middle East Hedge Fund Services
- Singapore Hedge Fund Services
- South African Hedge Fund Services
- Spanish Hedge Funds 2008
- Switzerland Hedge Funds
- US East Coast Hedge Fund Services
- US Hedge Fund Services
- By Subject
Latest Special Report
- By Location