Iconic launches Malta-domiciled hosted funds platform
Iconic is launching a turnkey Malta authorised, EU-compliant hosted-funds platform enabling EU and non EU based fund managers to run their own fully supported and administered funds.
In addition, for those larger intermediaries which have an asset management capability Iconic can support this new asset management area of their business through this platform.
The platform provides EU-compliant substance infrastructure and can establish either hosted feeder funds or host-flexible non-UCITS fund structures. Later in 2014, Iconic will launch a AIFMD & UCITS IV funds capability and services menu.
“Not all hosted-fund platforms are created equal,” says David Barclay-Miller, co-founder and business development director at Iconic. “Our USP is that we provide a “guided architecture” for new managers with a full service menu, including proven on-the-ground funds distribution.”
The platform works on a modular services basis, delivering a cost effective range of suppliers including custodians, administrators, tax experts and auditors to ensure the best solutions for clients’ objectives. As well as providing traditional platform services it also offers value-added services in a ‘hub and spoke’ type of arrangement with the core platform as the hub and the various options forming the spokes:-
• Fund establishment
• Access to a risk and portfolio management technology/tools
• Tax structuring of portfolios
• Appointment of service providers
• Interface with legal and regulatory authorities
• Market development: PR, marketing, distributor training, sales planning
• Ongoing sales and marketing
• Capital raising introductions in the UK, Switzerland, the Nordic countries, Germany other states in the EEA and SE Asia.
• Compliance and ongoing risk management
• Securitisation and the use of asset-backed notes
• Structural advisory, including the interplay between equity and debt solutions in the context of alternative asset strategies
The platform is a white-label solution.
The company believes that clients will be attracted from a variety of sources and domiciles; discussions are currently underway with potential clients from Switzerland, the UK, Cayman, and the Channel Islands.
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- Partner events