Strategic and tactical allocation for asset managers and investors
The Asset Allocation Summit 2009 is Europe's biggest and most influential event focused on strategic and tactical asset allocation for both asset managers and institutional investors, at a time when asset allocation is more critical than ever.
• Managing the impact of the financial crisis: Advanced investment strategies for an economic downturn, including special focus on fixed income
• Unparalleled line-up of institutional investors and asset managers: Hear 32 leading end investors and asset management CIOs reveal their asset allocation strategies
• Choose your content: Dedicated streams for pension fund trustees and advanced investors
Key topics include:
• What is the impact of the financial crisis on strategic vs. tactical?
• What is the optimal asset allocation choice in an illiquid market?
• With increased global correlations and a more interdependent global economy, how can diversification reduce portfolio risk?
• Is LDI (liability-driven investment) the right strategy to tackle falling asset values and rising deficits?
• What are the dynamic alternative asset classes for 2010? Commodities, infrastructure, hedge funds?
• Will 2010 see dramatic changes in the overall distribution of assets for the long term?
Mon, 13/04/2015 - 11:30
Investing in commodities can yield handsome returns, but investors need to focus sharply on timing and diversify their portfolios away from traditional safe havens and into sectors such as agriculturals and products such as ETFs. As one expert reveals in this special report, "Gold is not the only yellow commodity one should have in their portfolio"... »
Wed, 15/04/2015 - 13:05
In an extract from the Preqin Special Report: Asia-Pacific Hedge Funds, we provide an overview of the industry in Asia-Pacific, covering assets under management as well as key locations, strategies, fund structures and more. ... »
Tue, 14/04/2015 - 12:14
Assets under management for sovereign wealth funds globally reach USD6.31tn as of March 2015, increasing by more than USD900bn over the past 18 months. This information has been revealed in the 2015 Preqin Sovereign Wealth Fund Review, a comprehensive guide to these influential investors. ... »
Tue, 07/04/2015 - 09:57
Read the complete list of Winners and profiles at the sixth edition of the Hedgeweek Awards, presented in London's Mayfair and sponsored by Morgan Stanley, which brought together the leading names in the global hedge funds industry to celebrate the achievements of the best performing managers and service providers in 2014... »
Wed, 01/04/2015 - 09:12
As revealed in this Hedgeweek Special Report sponsored by eVestment, the data, analytics and market intelligence provider to the institutional investment community, experts agree that investing in hedge funds represents a good way for institutions to access manager skill, which is key in constructing a diversified portfolio to achieve risk and return targets. ... »
Wed, 25/03/2015 - 11:46
The Bahamas is taking steps to raise its profile as an attractive funds centre, continuing to build out the popular SMART Fund model template to provide a range of solutions for investment managers, plus its new ICON structure designed to appeal specifically to Brazilian investment managers and advisers.... »