Investors and industry leaders debate the key issues :
• What criteria are investors using to select managers?
• How to match liquidity terms to hedge fund strategies
• Fees: towards a better alignment of interests
• How will regulatory change impact the industry?
• Is there still a place for FOHFs in institutional portfolios?
What is new in 2009?
• Meet leading hedge fund founders and CIOs: Hear from the founders of Clive Capital, Polygon, Niederhoffer, Wadhwani, Argonaut, IKOS, Capital Fund Management, SVM, Hermitage, Crossborder Capital and others. Hear CIOs and star managers from Tudor Capital, Gabelli, RMF, IPM, Pioneer, Barclays Capital, Ermitage and many others.
• Network with serious institutional investors: Meet with CIOs and hedge fund allocators from Universities Superannuation Scheme, APG Asset Management, California Endowment, Mn Services, Merseyside Pension Fund, British Steel Pension Fund, Railpen Investments, Hewlett Packard, Commonwealth Education Trust, Al Said, Ernst & Young Pension Plan, Bedfordshire Pension Fund and many more.
• Gain insight from top thinkers and investment strategists: Be inspired by the thinking of Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Professor Richard Taffler, Roger Bootle, Jesper Koll, David Gerstenhaber, Tim Bond, Chris Weafer and Robin Griffiths.
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 10:24
With service providers reporting growth in hybrid funds, funds for single investors and bespoke managed accounts, this report examines the regulations and new services being developed in Cayman to tackle the fast-changing offshore funds market... »
Fri, 19/12/2014 - 09:11
Voting for the 6th edition of the Hedgeweek Global Awards is now open. The Awards will be presented at a lunch ceremony to be held in London. ... »
Tue, 09/12/2014 - 09:58
Read how managed accounts platforms are now catering to a wide spectrum of investor needs, from straightforward commingled funds to sophisticated infrastructure solutions for the largest institutional investors. And the rise of liquid alternatives means that onshore funds - UCITS, AIFs and '40 Act funds - are becoming just as popular as offshore funds... »
Thu, 11/12/2014 - 11:31
Global assets under management* of the private real estate industry have reached USD742bn, an all-time high for the industry, and up from USD697bn as of the end of 2013. Preqin’s Andrew Moylan takes a look at the latest stats on the industry. ... »
Fri, 28/11/2014 - 12:01
In this report S&P Capital IQ examines how credit events can impact on the price of equities. The results are compelling. The report looks at the relationship between credit indicators and equity back-tested returns. ... »