Investors and industry leaders debate the key issues :
• What criteria are investors using to select managers?
• How to match liquidity terms to hedge fund strategies
• Fees: towards a better alignment of interests
• How will regulatory change impact the industry?
• Is there still a place for FOHFs in institutional portfolios?
What is new in 2009?
• Meet leading hedge fund founders and CIOs: Hear from the founders of Clive Capital, Polygon, Niederhoffer, Wadhwani, Argonaut, IKOS, Capital Fund Management, SVM, Hermitage, Crossborder Capital and others. Hear CIOs and star managers from Tudor Capital, Gabelli, RMF, IPM, Pioneer, Barclays Capital, Ermitage and many others.
• Network with serious institutional investors: Meet with CIOs and hedge fund allocators from Universities Superannuation Scheme, APG Asset Management, California Endowment, Mn Services, Merseyside Pension Fund, British Steel Pension Fund, Railpen Investments, Hewlett Packard, Commonwealth Education Trust, Al Said, Ernst & Young Pension Plan, Bedfordshire Pension Fund and many more.
• Gain insight from top thinkers and investment strategists: Be inspired by the thinking of Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Professor Richard Taffler, Roger Bootle, Jesper Koll, David Gerstenhaber, Tim Bond, Chris Weafer and Robin Griffiths.
Fri, 09/10/2015 - 09:29
In June 2015, Preqin surveyed 61 Asia-based private equity and venture capital fund managers to gain insight into their attitudes towards the fundraising environment, deals landscape and issues affecting the private equity industry as a whole. This extract from the Preqin Special Report: Asian Private Equity analyses the key findings from the survey, highlighting the overarching trends and outlook for Asian GP activity for the next 12 months. ... »
Wed, 30/09/2015 - 11:21
A rising tide of regulation is threatening to swamp US hedge funds with significant trading, distribution and reporting issues.This Hedgeweek Special Report unravels these issues, guides managers through the solutions currently available to them, and examines the challenges of running activist hedge funds, where assets have grown to USD120 billion over the past decade... »
Wed, 23/09/2015 - 09:39
With interest rates set to rise, this Hedgeweek Special Report examines the the latest tools available to fixed income investors and traders in the form of the CBOE/CBOT 10-year US Treasury Note Volatility Index (The TYVIX Index) and TYVIX futures, which give traders an effective way to hedge, gain exposure to, or trade interest rate volatility.... »
Mon, 28/09/2015 - 14:40
Distributions from private equity funds have improved greatly in recent years as managers have taken advantage of improving market conditions to realise value from remaining assets in their portfolios. This has gone some way to alleviating concerns regarding the overhang of unrealised value in ageing funds; however, the issue has not yet been fully rectified, particularly as funds raised in the boom years of 2005-2008 reach the 10-year mark. ... »
Wed, 23/09/2015 - 09:31
Interest rate volatility is like a storm cloud building on the horizon. The US Federal Reserve has kept rates stable for nigh on a decade, but global asset managers are now preparing for their fixed income portfolios to feel the impact of a rate rise later this year. ... »