Investors and industry leaders debate the key issues :
• What criteria are investors using to select managers?
• How to match liquidity terms to hedge fund strategies
• Fees: towards a better alignment of interests
• How will regulatory change impact the industry?
• Is there still a place for FOHFs in institutional portfolios?
What is new in 2009?
• Meet leading hedge fund founders and CIOs: Hear from the founders of Clive Capital, Polygon, Niederhoffer, Wadhwani, Argonaut, IKOS, Capital Fund Management, SVM, Hermitage, Crossborder Capital and others. Hear CIOs and star managers from Tudor Capital, Gabelli, RMF, IPM, Pioneer, Barclays Capital, Ermitage and many others.
• Network with serious institutional investors: Meet with CIOs and hedge fund allocators from Universities Superannuation Scheme, APG Asset Management, California Endowment, Mn Services, Merseyside Pension Fund, British Steel Pension Fund, Railpen Investments, Hewlett Packard, Commonwealth Education Trust, Al Said, Ernst & Young Pension Plan, Bedfordshire Pension Fund and many more.
• Gain insight from top thinkers and investment strategists: Be inspired by the thinking of Nassim Nicholas Taleb, Professor Richard Taffler, Roger Bootle, Jesper Koll, David Gerstenhaber, Tim Bond, Chris Weafer and Robin Griffiths.
Thu, 30/07/2015 - 11:00
Cybersecurity is no longer simply an IT issue, it is now a business issue. This is the conclusion of the experts and fund managers around the world whose opinions were polled for this landmark Hedgeweek Special Report, which outlines Best Practices for Cybersecurity in a fast-changing environment where managers need to keep several steps ahead of cyber criminals... »
Wed, 22/07/2015 - 19:52
The introduction of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) into European law in 2013 was part of a series of moves towards greater regulatory oversight of the hedge fund industry in recent years. In our survey, we asked hedge fund managers for their views on the effect of these new regulations on the industry as well as their expectations about the impact of the AIFMD on their firm over the next 12 months, the results of which are analyzed in this extract from the Preqin Special Report: AIFMD in the Hedge Fund Industry – 2015 Update. ... »
Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:51
A couple of years ago, the title Chief Information Security Officer, or CISO for short, was a foreign concept within the hedge fund community. The winds have changed, however, as hedge funds become increasingly targeted by cyber hackers, causing many to hire a CISO to uphold the network integrity of the firm. ... »
Mon, 29/06/2015 - 12:48
Sovereign wealth funds, though small in number and secretive in nature, wield considerable influence as investors as a result of their sizeable assets under management. This extract is taken from Preqin’s latest report which features exclusive content from the 2015 Preqin Sovereign Wealth Fund Review. ... »
Tue, 16/06/2015 - 09:57
Mergers and acquisitions in recent years have changed the face of hedge fund administration. Big custodial banks are likely to dominate the HFA space in years to come, forming one part of a barbell with a number of well-run, well-capitalised independent HFAs on the other end. This report examines the implications for both hedge funds and their administrators... »