Risk Management Lessons from the 2008 Crisis
Implementing an Operational Risk Management regimen is a complex process. At its core is an understanding of what Operations Risk is and how it can best be managed. We will look at best operational risk management frameworks and how these have proven useful for banks survival.
Main Topics Covered During This Training
• Conditions that led to the 2008 crisis
• The 2007 - 2008 crisis - a blow-by-blow account
• Why and where the crisis can be traced to a failure of Operational Risk Management?
• Emergence of Operational Risk Management (Governance, Risk and Compliance) as a focus point for bank survival
• Setting strong risk management function
• Compliance requirements
• Strategies for measuring and managing operational risk
• Operational risk in practice: internal and external fraud, system failures and more
- By Category
- News from other sites
- Special Reports
- Partner events