Join us for Financial Research Associates’ Hedge Fund Due Diligence Master Class, taking place March 18-19, 2013 at The Princeton Club of New York to make sure you have the knowledge and solutions needed to meet today’s complex due diligence challenges.
Key Topics include:
• Applied examples from institutional investors on their standards and expectations of fund managers
• Red flags in counterparty risk and the questions investors should be asking
• The latest on Enterprise Risk Management
• Valuable fund manager insight: What questions should investors be asking and how are managers preparing for and improving their due diligence processes?
• Best practices for valuation and underlying value: How do they differ across strategies and how are they changing?
• Strategic planning for a sustainable due diligence program: How to stay ahead of the curve and revitalize your due diligence program
• On-going monitoring and communication: How to monitor changes within the fund and the latest standards for communication between investors and managers
• Regulations: What are the latest regulatory developments and how should managers change their operational infrastructure to keep up with these developments?
• Fund governance standards and what the investor is looking for
• Investing in less liquid securities
Subscribers of Global Fund Media are entitled to a 10% discount. Mention FMP115 during registration to enjoy this offer.
For more information and to view the conference brochure, click here or contact Kathie Eberhard at 704-341-2439 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fri, 09/10/2015 - 09:29
In June 2015, Preqin surveyed 61 Asia-based private equity and venture capital fund managers to gain insight into their attitudes towards the fundraising environment, deals landscape and issues affecting the private equity industry as a whole. This extract from the Preqin Special Report: Asian Private Equity analyses the key findings from the survey, highlighting the overarching trends and outlook for Asian GP activity for the next 12 months. ... »
Wed, 30/09/2015 - 11:21
A rising tide of regulation is threatening to swamp US hedge funds with significant trading, distribution and reporting issues.This Hedgeweek Special Report unravels these issues, guides managers through the solutions currently available to them, and examines the challenges of running activist hedge funds, where assets have grown to USD120 billion over the past decade... »
Wed, 23/09/2015 - 09:39
With interest rates set to rise, this Hedgeweek Special Report examines the the latest tools available to fixed income investors and traders in the form of the CBOE/CBOT 10-year US Treasury Note Volatility Index (The TYVIX Index) and TYVIX futures, which give traders an effective way to hedge, gain exposure to, or trade interest rate volatility.... »
Mon, 28/09/2015 - 14:40
Distributions from private equity funds have improved greatly in recent years as managers have taken advantage of improving market conditions to realise value from remaining assets in their portfolios. This has gone some way to alleviating concerns regarding the overhang of unrealised value in ageing funds; however, the issue has not yet been fully rectified, particularly as funds raised in the boom years of 2005-2008 reach the 10-year mark. ... »
Wed, 23/09/2015 - 09:31
Interest rate volatility is like a storm cloud building on the horizon. The US Federal Reserve has kept rates stable for nigh on a decade, but global asset managers are now preparing for their fixed income portfolios to feel the impact of a rate rise later this year. ... »