The event is designed to be of substantial value to investors, financiers and cleantech companies of all stages of maturity, from early stage organisations looking to access funding and strategic and other support, to established businesses looking to reach infrastructure finance and major corporate and government customers. The whole event includes:
1. An exhibition of clean technology solutions
2. Cleantech Developers Conference, with a programme including a keynote and panel session headed by Julie Meyer of Ariadne Capital and Entrepreneur Country, the latest on the Green Deal, all the current grants, Carbon Trust Entrepreneur Fast Track, funding solutions for both the technology development stage and the early commercialisation phase, the very popular session on how to access a wide range of industry sectors effectively with your cleantech solution, and the new concept of crowd funding.
3. Cleantech Growth Company Conference, with an exciting new programme covering project finance and the Green Investment Bank, Business Growth Fund, alternative funding models for established businesses, M&A activity, the new energy market, the resource sector of the future, the economic impact of emission reductions to 2050 targets and presentations from CEOs of AIM-listed companies on how they have raised finance on the market and built their business.
4. Opportunity for cleantech companies to request pre-arranged one-to-one meetings with a range of investors, financiers and advisers.
5. Isle of Man breakfast event, which includes a free breakfast if you register for this in advance.
6. A variety of workshops, clinics and walk-in surgeries, including a demonstration of the free Autodesk engineering design software and a workshop run by Sauce Consultancy for local authority waste specialists looking at how to manage municipal and business waste streams to achieve zero waste to landfill and resource optimisation.
7. Sustainability Directors Conference which will be for Energy, Waste, CSR, Sustainability, Facilities and Environmental Managers and Directors of corporates and other major adopters of cleantech solutions.
Thu, 30/07/2015 - 11:00
Cybersecurity is no longer simply an IT issue, it is now a business issue. This is the conclusion of the experts and fund managers around the world whose opinions were polled for this landmark Hedgeweek Special Report, which outlines Best Practices for Cybersecurity in a fast-changing environment where managers need to keep several steps ahead of cyber criminals... »
Wed, 22/07/2015 - 19:52
The introduction of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) into European law in 2013 was part of a series of moves towards greater regulatory oversight of the hedge fund industry in recent years. In our survey, we asked hedge fund managers for their views on the effect of these new regulations on the industry as well as their expectations about the impact of the AIFMD on their firm over the next 12 months, the results of which are analyzed in this extract from the Preqin Special Report: AIFMD in the Hedge Fund Industry – 2015 Update. ... »
Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:51
A couple of years ago, the title Chief Information Security Officer, or CISO for short, was a foreign concept within the hedge fund community. The winds have changed, however, as hedge funds become increasingly targeted by cyber hackers, causing many to hire a CISO to uphold the network integrity of the firm. ... »
Mon, 29/06/2015 - 12:48
Sovereign wealth funds, though small in number and secretive in nature, wield considerable influence as investors as a result of their sizeable assets under management. This extract is taken from Preqin’s latest report which features exclusive content from the 2015 Preqin Sovereign Wealth Fund Review. ... »
Tue, 16/06/2015 - 09:57
Mergers and acquisitions in recent years have changed the face of hedge fund administration. Big custodial banks are likely to dominate the HFA space in years to come, forming one part of a barbell with a number of well-run, well-capitalised independent HFAs on the other end. This report examines the implications for both hedge funds and their administrators... »