TradeTech West 2013 will examine the evolution of the trading desk and explore the untapped avenues which have proven to be key to value creation and diversification of the investment capabilities. Although you might say that taking time off of your desk is inefficient - there's a considerable difference between taking time off and taking time off the desk. When you take time off, you come back with pictures of Bermuda. When you take time off the desk for TradeTech, you come back invigorated with ideas to improve the profitability of your desk.
What is New at TradeTech West 2013:
• At TradeTech West 2013 we have a completely new cross asset focus that includes insight around fixed income, futures, options and FX markets!
• The TradeTech West program features special keynote addresses from Microsoft’s Senior UX Design Lead, Manuel Lima and Liquidnet's CEO and founder, Seth Merrin.
• 2013 is the very first year the TradeTech Architecture Summit will run on the West Coast.
• We are proud to announce that 78% of presenters,panelists, and moderators at TradeTech West 2013 are entirely new to the event.
Why TradeTech West Is A Must Attend Event
• The cross-asset speaking faculty features industry-leading experts to give you unparalled vision into how the different buy-side firms are generating alpha in 2013 and beyond.
• The open format of TradeTech West features interactive roundtable discussions that provide ample amounts of networking and unmatched benchmarking opportunities.
• The different session tracks ensure you get targeted, granular insight in order to maximize your time away from the office.
• The 1-day TradeTech Architecture Summit will provide you with progressive, forward-thinking dialogues and insights from leading buy-side and technology firms.
• TradeTech West is the largest gathering of West Coast buy-side traders provides a tremendous opportunity to benchmark your progress and performance against the rest of the industry.
Wed, 22/07/2015 - 19:52
The introduction of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) into European law in 2013 was part of a series of moves towards greater regulatory oversight of the hedge fund industry in recent years. In our survey, we asked hedge fund managers for their views on the effect of these new regulations on the industry as well as their expectations about the impact of the AIFMD on their firm over the next 12 months, the results of which are analyzed in this extract from the Preqin Special Report: AIFMD in the Hedge Fund Industry – 2015 Update. ... »
Thu, 02/07/2015 - 15:51
A couple of years ago, the title Chief Information Security Officer, or CISO for short, was a foreign concept within the hedge fund community. The winds have changed, however, as hedge funds become increasingly targeted by cyber hackers, causing many to hire a CISO to uphold the network integrity of the firm. ... »
Mon, 29/06/2015 - 12:48
Sovereign wealth funds, though small in number and secretive in nature, wield considerable influence as investors as a result of their sizeable assets under management. This extract is taken from Preqin’s latest report which features exclusive content from the 2015 Preqin Sovereign Wealth Fund Review. ... »
Tue, 16/06/2015 - 09:57
Mergers and acquisitions in recent years have changed the face of hedge fund administration. Big custodial banks are likely to dominate the HFA space in years to come, forming one part of a barbell with a number of well-run, well-capitalised independent HFAs on the other end. This report examines the implications for both hedge funds and their administrators... »
Fri, 05/06/2015 - 12:06
The North American private debt industry has seen substantial growth in assets over the last decade. This extract from the Preqin Special Report: Private Debt in North America looks at the current state of private debt fundraising and funds currently in market. ... »