The relationship between hedge funds and prime brokers forms the core of and drives the alternative investment industry, and is at the heart of our financial markets. Neither could exist without the other. This partnership resolves around and is based on the prime brokerage agreement. How are these crafted? On what requirements are they based?
This unique one day workshop explores prime brokerage agreements. It helps you understand how hedge funds obtain the capital they need to trade, hedge their portfolios and deliver absolute returns. It explores how prime brokers operate, during each phase of a hedge fund’s life. It explains how to navigate the intricacies of provisions such as collateral, charges, margin requirements, events of default, remedies and funding. It also explores what happens when something goes wrong: reorganisation, litigation and insolvency. It concludes with a discussion of ancillary documents such as ISDAs and GMSLAs.
How to Navigate A Prime Brokerage Agreement will cover:
• The hedge fund-prime brokerage relationship
• Strategies, securities and markets for hedge funds
• RFP process to select a prime broker
• The relationship among investment manager,administrator and prime broker
• The US and non-US hedge fund models
• Analysing a prime brokerage agreement
• Offering memorandum disclosures
• Prime brokerage operations
• Conflicts of interest
• ISDAs and GMSLAs
• Key clauses in the prime brokerage agreement
• How certain events play out under the key clauses
• What happens when things go wrong?
Thu, 06/04/2017 - 14:14
Mon, 24/04/2017 - 13:15
Tue, 25/04/2017 - 13:21
Mon, 10/04/2017 - 12:39
Wed, 29/03/2017 - 10:44
Fri, 24/03/2017 - 11:55
Mon, 27/03/2017 - 13:53
Mon, 20/02/2017 - 15:43