Attend and learn:
UCITS V: Manager Remuneration
• How managers should disclose remuneration – at individual fund or global level
• Update on the EC consultation document and legislative timetable
• How UCITS V is aligning itself with the AIFMD
• Will investment managers move further away instead of disclosing?
Christopher Stuart Sinclair, Director, DELOITTE
John Siena, Assistant General Counsel, Head of EMEA External and Regulatory Affairs, BNY MELLON
Jean-Pierre Casey, Head of Investment Advisory, BARCLAYS WEALTH
UCITS V: Depositary Liability Implications
• Will depositary liability restrict markets for funds?
• How does this redefine the role of the depositary bank?
• Will this force funds to work closer with depositary banks?
• Will the oversight function restrict the depositary bank?
• Will the AIFMD timescale impact timing for UCITS V?
• Understanding whether a Hedge Fund currently offers better investor protection
Sean Tuffy, VP, Regulatory Strategy, BROWN BROTHERS HARRIMAN
Neil Simmonds, Partner, SIMMONS & SIMMONS
David Morrison, Head of UK Fiduciary Services, CITI
Shadow Banking and its Impact on UCITS
•Categorisation of Money Market Funds
•EU Commission paper
•Interlink between UCITS and ETFs within shadow banking
•ETFs are prime target for shadow banking issues. However ETFs are UCITS funds, so should focus on UCITS as a whole
Monica Gogna, Senior Associate, CLIFFORD CHANCE
Focus on Complex UCITS & ETFs
• Understanding the need for ETF regulation
• Collateral and conflicts of interest in securities lending and swaps transactions in ETFs
• How the ESMA rules affect these issues
• Handling synthetic and physical ETFs
• The options now open to ETF investors
• Mitigating the risk from ETF investment
Christos Costandinides, European Head of ETF Research and Strategy, DEUTSCHE BANK AG
Ursula Marchioni, Head of Sales Strategy, ETFs, CREDIT SUISSE
Sheenagh Gordon-Hart, Client & Industry Research Executive, JP MORGAN (TBC)
… and much more!
Wed, 25/03/2015 - 11:46
The Bahamas is taking steps to raise its profile as an attractive funds centre, continuing to build out the popular SMART Fund model template to provide a range of solutions for investment managers, plus its new ICON structure designed to appeal specifically to Brazilian investment managers and advisers.... »
Fri, 27/03/2015 - 14:16
In an extract from the 2015 Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015, results of a survey conducted in Q4 2014 reveal which strategies and regions will be targeted by private equity investors this year. ... »
Thu, 05/03/2015 - 14:15
This Special Report unveils the ways in which State Street Global Markets' Fund Connect ETF platform is bringing new levels of efficiency to the the ETF marketplace, and includes expert comment from the perspective of an AP.... »
Wed, 11/03/2015 - 16:30
Nearly double the proportion of investors view fees as a key issue in the hedge fund industry compared to last year, while performance remains the biggest concern. Investor survey results published in the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015 reveal the key issues facing investors in the coming year. ... »
Fri, 13/03/2015 - 16:03
Work patterns in the alternative investments space have seen a significant shift over the years —from working in the office on a computer, to collaborating remotely via mobile applications and bring your own devices (BYOD). To remain competitive, an enormous amount of data must be shared on-the-go to facilitate investment decisions, but with minimal IT oversight, this trend towards mobile could open the door for increased risk of information leakage. ... »