This 3 day practical course explores the best practice in operational risk management at all stages from assessment to implementation. You will gain tools to manage risk and to create environment where this function is perceived as a value added proposition increasing profitability and structural strength of a financial institution.
Main topics covered include:
• Risk and Capital - An introduction to Basel I, II and III
• Managing operational risk in the context of Basel II
• Setting up objectives, governance process and compliance requirements
• Measuring operational risk
• The COSO ERM framework
• Implementing operational risk policy and structure and designing controls
• Scenario analysis for operational risk management planning
• Managing specific risk areas: Internal and external fraud, payments and back office
• Analysis of Black Swan events and their impact on organisations
• Case studies include: Bernard Madoff, Société Générale and National Bank of Australia
Register by the end of August and save £200!
We also organize this programme on 25-26 of October in New York and on 7-8 Dec in London