This practical 1-day course is designed to provide an insight into the area of UCITS, showing how funds may select eligible assets and demonstrate how these instruments may be employed to achieve different investment objectives.
You will also have a chance to learn about the changes under UCITS IV directive, which will further enhance the product range, distribution and management structure.
You will learn about the key concepts of UCITS and UCITS IV including the management company passport, cross-border distribution, mergers, master-feeder structures and key investor information.
Main topics covered:
• The key features of UCITS
• The use and structure of UCITS III
• Changes under UCITS IV
• Structuring UCITS and authorisation process in Luxembourg and Ireland
• Eligible assets in UCITS funds
• The key features and applications of UCITS as an asset class
• Main legal requirements
• Governance, transparency, custody and depositaries
• Application of equities, bonds, fund of funds derivatives, 130/30 and other instruments
• UCITS Alternatives
• Distribution of UCITS
• Managing Risk Exposures
• Use of UCITS for funds and hedge funds
• Market development