This 2 day course examines the latest tools, techniques and best practices surrounding economic capital calculation and management and how to structure an Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) that maximizes its inherent motivational incentives. It considers the Basel accords, with particular focus on Basel 3, and examines the composition and interrelationship between the various types of capital - available (book), regulatory and economic - and explores frameworks for their effective management.
By the end of this course you will gain in-depth knowledge of approaches to risk and capital management with particular emphasis on:
• The evolving role of risk management in modern banking
• The Basel accords with particular emphasis on Basel 3 and related requirements
• Creating and implementing a risk adjusted performance measurement (RAPM) framework
• The latest risk management tools and techniques
• Structuring a value-added ICAAP process including aspects such as stress testing, scenario analysis and risk appetite
• Imperfections in modern risk management and their implications and how to overcome them
Who Should Attend
Risk management, finance, audit and compliance staff and management involved in developing or reviewing approaches to risk management, capital management, risk adjusted performance measures, and the ICAAP.
Register now - Early Bird offer until Jan 31 and save over £180!
We also organise
Operational Risk Management in London & Dubai
Advanced Risk Management for Banks and Financial Institutions and more. Check our web site for more information.