This intensive 2 day course conducted by a former senior City banker focuses on explaining the fundamentals and most up to date requirements for IFRS reporting standards.
You will learn about the main framework as well as more complex norms dealing with non-current assets and intangibles including property and equipment, leasing, business combinations, provisions and contingent assets.
You will also have a chance to explore the standards dealing with the disclosure and presentation of financial instruments.
Finally the treatment of off balance items and derivatives will be explained.
The course programme includes many real life case studies illustrating discussed material.
Knowledge of key accounting principles, such as the structure of financial statements and common accounting terms, will be required to obtain maximum benefit from this programme.
By the end of this course you will:
• Have a clear understanding of the application of IFRS
• Be able to prepare financial statements in accordance with IAS / IFRS rules
• Learn about the most significant standards and interpretations that are currently applicable
• Explore the latest changes and requirements
• Understand the difference between GAAP to IFRS reporting standards