AIMA and the Dublin Funds Industry Association (DFIA) have launched the new Guide to Sound Practices for Hedge Fund Administrators.
This joint initiative has been created by senior industry practitioners - including administrators, accountants, lawyers, managers and their advisors.
It is not specific to any one jurisdiction and provides all interested parties with a meaningful outline of the administrator's role in regard to hedge funds.
The guide covers:
* Start-up Phase: Liaising with Lawyers, Prospectus Review, Negotiating Agreements, Service Level Agreements
* Interaction with Investors: Investor Services and Reporting, Anti-money Laundering, Equalisation
* NAV Calculation: Trade Capture, Security Pricing, Reconciliations, Expense Calculation, NAV Calculation and Reporting
* Completing the Service: Custody Services, Banking and FX Services, US Tax Services, Financial Statements, Technology
* Support & Review: Relationship Management, Monitoring of the Restrictions placed on the Fund's Activity, Company Secretary, Directors, Management Companies/General Partners.
The Guide is free to all interested parties and is available as a pdf on the AIMA website at:
The Guide is also available on the DFIA website at: