Man Investments and RMF have launched their first joint product called Man RMF Diversified, a fund of hedge funds.
Man RMF Diversified, a sub fund of Man RMF Investments SICAV, is the first open-ended fund product from Man Investments to provide access to the investment management strengths of Swiss-based RMF, which was acquired by Man Group in May last year.
Christoph Moeller, Managing Director of Global Sales and Marketing, Man Investments, said: "This is an onshore Luxembourg SICAV fund of funds product with the potential for risk-adjusted returns and gives the private investor access to the expertise of RMF, which has primarily only been available to the institutional investor."
Mr Moeller added: "Man RMF Diversified offers investors the benefit of a diversified product containing an impressive array of investment styles. By combining top performing advisers across five hedge fund styles and a diverse range of strategies, the portfolio aims to produce stable returns whether global markets are falling or rising."
A Luxembourg registered SICAV, Man RMF Diversified invests in equity hedged, relative value, event driven, global macro and managed futures investment strategies. Man RMF Diversified targets annualised returns of around 10 per cent for annualised volatility of 6-7 per cent over the medium term.
The Man RMF Diversified portfolio will contain approximately 15 - 25 hedge funds in total, spread across five key hedge fund style groups. The portfolio will be constructed to provide diversification by combining complementary investment strategies with the potential to exploit profit opportunities and defend gains in a wide range of market environments. The low level of correlation between the investment styles used increases the potential to produce a stable return stream.
In a statement, Man Investments said: "Man RMF Diversified offers investors the opportunity to benefit from the excellent adviser selection expertise, portfolio construction and risk management skills of RMF. RMF is renowned for managing products with exceptional risk-adjusted returns and has a proven fund of hedge funds investment methodology."
Background Note: Man Investments, part of Man Group plc, is an independent and global leader in alternative investments, providing innovative products and tailor-made solutions for private and institutional clients. IThrough its core investment managers, Man has succeeded in developing specialised strengths in different alternative asset classes - hedge funds, private equity, leveraged finance and convertible bonds. Established in 1983, Man has launched over 200 products, many of them with leading financial institutions. It manages over USD 30 billion and employs more than 700 people worldwide. Man's headquarters are in Switzerland and London and it also has regional offices in Chicago, Hong Kong, the Middle East, Montevideo, New York and Tokyo.
Man Investments' principal investment managers are AHL, Glenwood, Man Global Strategies, RMF and Westport:
* AHL implements managed futures investment programmes. These programmes are quantitative and primarily directional in nature, meaning that they seek to take advantage of upward and downward price trends
* Glenwood is a pioneer in providing multi-manager funds of hedge funds portfolios that target low risk
* Man Global Strategies constructs and manages hedge style and multi-strategy portfolios, including structured product portfolios often with principal protection, mainly targeted at private investors
* RMF provides fund of hedge funds and tailor-made solution for institutional investors as well as convertible bond and leveraged finance products.
* Westport is a specialist in offering global private equity fund of funds solutions to institutional clients.