The Alternative Investment Management Association (AIMA) has appointed its new Council for the 2003/2004 term.
The key roles are those of the new Chairman Christopher Fawcett, Director of Fauchier Partners Limited and UK Council representative, and the role of Deputy Chairman filled by Dermot Butler, Chairman of Custom House Administration and Corporate Services Limited. Mr Butler is also the Ireland Council representative.
At its first meeting the Council expressed its sincere gratitude to Hans-Willem van Tuyll who has chaired the Association for the last two years and was Deputy Chairman for four years previously.
A statement from AIMA said: "Prior to changing the nature of his employment with Cargill Investor Services later this year, Mr Van Tuyll has expended considerable energy in achieving AIMA's objectives of global development, especially in the Asia-Pacific region and leading the association through a time of astonishing growth"
Mr. van Tuyll will remain actively involved with AIMA as Council representative for the Sponsoring Members and other functions.
Other Council members (representing countries/regions) are:
* Damien Hatfield, Colonial First State Investment Managers (Aus.) Ltd* - AUSTRALIA
* Sohail Jaffer, Premium Select Lux S.A. - BENELUX
* Bernard Dennery, BNP Paribas Fauchier Partners UK Ltd - FRANCE
* Achim Pütz, SJ Berwin - GERMANY/AUSTRIA
* George Long, LIM Advisors* - HONG KONG/CHINA
* Luigi Zoja, HFR Europe Ltd - ITALY
* Ted Uemae, Alternative Investment Products Co. Ltd* - JAPAN
* Erik Ranberg, GN Asset Management - SCANDINAVIA
* Peter Douglas, Investor Select Advisors* - SINGAPORE
* Eusebio Diaz-Morera, EDM Holding, S.A. - SPAIN & PORTUGAL
* Reto Ammann, Man Investments - SWITZERLAND
* Thomas Schneeweis, CISDM School of Management, University of Massachusetts - USA
At its first meeting, the Council also co-opted Paul Smith of The Bank of Bermuda to the AIMA Council and will announce future appointments. AIMA's General Counsel continues to be Iain Cullen of Simmons & Simmons.