Fairfield Straits Lion Asset Management Limited has been renamed Lion Fairfield Capital Management Limited ('Lion Fairfield').
The firm is a joint venture between alternative investment specialist Fairfield Greenwich Group and Singapore-based Lion Capital Management Limited and the name change reflects the name of its new majority shareholder, Lion Capital, which owns 65 per cent of Lion Fairfield while FGG owns the remaining 35 per cent.
Lion, which combines the asset management business of Straits Lion Asset Management Limited and OCBC Asset Management Limited, is now one of the largest asset managers in Singapore and the region.
'The new name will also reflect the shareholding structure of Lion Fairfield more appropriately,' says Lion Capital's Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, Daniel Chan. 'We remain committed to the hedge fund business and see it as an important component of our aspiration to become a premier asset management company in the region.'
Background notes: Incorporated in March 2004, Lion Fairfield Capital Management Limited is the dedicated hedge fund management and distribution platform in Asia developed as a joint venture between Fairfield Greenwich Group and Lion Capital Management Limited. Lion Fairfield, FGG's unique Asian partnership with Lion Capital, reflects both firms' long-term approach to relationships and their shared commitment to the Asia-Pacific region. Lion Fairfield's team of investment, operations, marketing, and client service professionals are based in Singapore and serve investors throughout Asia, excluding Japan.
Lion Fairfield was launched to provide its shareholders with a strong presence in the rapidly growing Asian hedge fund markets, and is developing robust capabilities in selecting, funding, developing, and marketing hedge funds and related products. In all of its business activities, Lion Fairfield draws upon its partners' experience and reputation in the development and marketing of hedge fund managers and hedge fund products in the US and Europe, and as well as their market expertise and wide range of investment contacts, including its local and Asian distribution associates.
For hedge fund manager interviews, please click here