This practical one day course is designed to provide an insight into the area of UCITS, showing how funds may select eligible assets and demonstrate how these instruments may be employed to achieve different investment objectives. The course will start with providing a background to UCITS III and the different types of instruments which can be used within this structure. It will then look at traditional asset classes as well as planned changes in UCITS IV directive.
Legal requirements as well as practical aspects of using UCITS in fund and hedge fund management will be discussed in detail including structuring requirements, authorisation process, governance, transparency and distribution.
Participants will have a chance to assess risk as well as examine applications of different types of derivatives in UCITS funds. Finally, delegates will explore value at risk and its relevance to sophisticated funds.
A one day intensive course on UCITS funds for Fund and Asset Managers, Investment Bankers and Institutional Investors exploring:
* The use and structure of UCITS III
* Changes under UCITS IV
* The key features of UCITS
* Structuring UCITS and authorisation process
* Eligible assets in UCITS funds
* Main legal requirements
* Governance, transparency, custody and depositaries
* Application of equities, bonds, fund of funds derivatives, 130/30 and other instruments
* UCITS Alternatives
* Distribution of UCITS
* Leverage and VaR
* Use of UCITS for funds and hedge funds