This three day course is designed to provide a practical and sound introduction to the derivatives instruments. Delegates will be taken through all types of derivatives including forwards, futures, options and swaps where their construction and uses will be explained in detail. The course will explain risk management applications as well as pricing fundamentals.
This course is build around practical exercises and case studies and is an excellent introduction to derivatives markets. No previous derivatives knowledge is required.
Main Topics Covered During This Training:
• Overview of the current derivatives market
• Defining derivatives and their function
• Explaining forwards and forward rate agreements FRAs
• Short-term interest rate futures
• Credit derivatives
• Pricing swaps
• Uses of interest rate and currency swaps
• Futures of government bonds
• Defining and pricing options
• Interest rate and currency options
• Equity options
By the end of this training you will:
• Gain a sound practical understanding of derivatives instruments
• Know the fundamental applications of swaps, forwards, futures and options as well as credit derivatives and equity options
• Be able to use relevant pricing strategy
• Estimate risk and return measures in fixed income portfolios
• Construct a pay/off profile of different options
• Understand trading and hedging techniques for options
Register now and take advantage of our Early Bird discount! Save up to £250.