This practical 2 day course provides participants with an overview of the regulation and principles behind good corporate governance framework. You will explore the relationship between management, finance, law and ethics and learn to effectively administer corporate relations and to contribute to corporate performance at a senior level within your organisation.
The programme includes many case studies from the GCC region and worldwide, exploring the best current practices and standards.
• Main Topics Covered Include:
• Corporate Governance Standards and Mechanisms
• Corporate Governance in Emerging Countries
• Competencies of company directors
• Corporate Governance in Banks
• The Role and responsibilities of the independent director
• Corporate Social Responsibility and independent directors
• Financial Goals and Corporate Governance
• IT Governance
• Overview of corporate governance standards from around the world: UK and Europe, US, Gulf Countries, Asia
• Case Studies include: Corporate Governance Trends in the Gulf, Arab Bank, Philippines, Singapore, Siemens, China Aviation Oil and more
The course is suitable for all staff in management & supervisory positions, irrespective of their specific job responsibilities.
Register now and take advantage of our Early Bird offer!
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 16:18
The attraction of incubator platforms has increased noticeably in recent years. New hedge funds face a Sisyphus-like task getting up and running as global regulation and compliance pushes costs up, whilst investors simultaneously expect to see institutional quality operations in place from day one. ... »
Thu, 19/02/2015 - 18:04
Read how managers seeking to distribute in Europe can appoint a third party AIFM (or ManCo), and the fund distribution benefits this can bring, both for new fund launches and redomiciled funds... »
Tue, 17/02/2015 - 06:00
Healthcare costs continue to spiral out of control and yet still achieve relatively poor outcomes, says Richard A Kimball Jr (pictured), CEO of HEXL… ... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 08:01
Just 20 years ago, exchange-traded funds (ETFs) were novelties. Now, after two decades of explosive growth, they are firmly entrenched in the asset management landscape. Total US-listed ETF assets reached a record-setting USD2.0 trillion at the end of 2014, up from USD1.7 trillion a year earlier, and inflows totaled USD244 billion for the year. European ETFs also saw record flows in 2014; they attracted USD61.4 billion in new assets, more than three times the 2013 total. ... »