This 2 day course gives a detailed coverage of the major types of derivatives and how they are valued and traded. Delegates will also have a chance to learn about the process of margining and central clearing of derivatives which is broadly discussed at the moment by the industry and regulatory bodies.
The course is suitable for professionals who have basic foundation in derivatives but would benefit from a broader understanding of these instruments and how they are settled for margining purposes.
Main topics covered include:
• Constructing futures and forwards contracts
• Options, Warrants and OTC - Contracts and pay off profiles
• the role and function of the clearing house and the relationship between end users, the exchange and clearing members
• Exploring the margining system for futures, options on futures, and equity options and futures
• Valuation and settlements of swaps
• Recent developments in CDS market
• Detailed analysis of market application of derivatives
By the end of the course delegates will:
• Explore the use of derivatives for different purposes and by different market players
• Work out the risk reward characteristics
• Understand the role of the exchange and clearing houses
• Learn about the margining and settlement system
The course is suitable for professionals who have some knowledge of derivatives but would benefit from a broader understanding of these instruments and how they are settled for margining purposes.
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 09:59
In an excerpt from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015, exclusive Preqin survey results reveal that while industry performance has been poor, investors remain committed to the asset class. ... »
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 14:08
Fund managers and investors are in a tug-of-war over the issue of transparency. Once content with a performance update, basic valuation and general market commentary, Limited Partners (LPs) are now digging deeper, asking more questions and requiring more information from General Partners (GPs) than ever before. ... »
Tue, 03/03/2015 - 09:51
In an excerpt from the Preqin Investor Outlook: Alternative Assets H1 2015, the spotlight is on investors’ attitudes towards alternative private real estate exposure. ... »
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »